The Grandkids

The Grandkids

Saturday, April 7, 2012

The List: What I’ve accomplished while waiting for whatever : Creative Explosion, Emboldened


In reflecting upon this time of waiting I did manage to achieve a few things that I originally did not consider so here is my list of 17. I am sure there are more but this is the short list. 

Health-Achieved remarkable health results that  weight loss, A1C blood test & all tests ( the best in at least 20 years!)
Exercise- Established a routine that was relatively disciplined @ 3x per week & up to 5 miles!
Spirituality- Developed a renewed focus on scriptural reading, Biblical studies, and spiritual writings.
Marriage Relationship- Strengthened an already positive union by facing pain, uncertainty, and fear together and also spending a significant amount of time just being together.
Grandchildren- Increased time and relationships with all Grandchildren by many individual events as well as game playing ( taught the boys cards! At last).
Internet – Significantly enhanced  social media understanding, usage and skills.
Reading- Able to get back to reading a multitude of books and periodicals.
 Writing –Enhanced my skills and enjoyment by frequency of writings stories, op eds, poems, food –marriage-dog blogs, & spiritual reflections.
Current News Events- Significantly increased or finely tuned knowledge of current event, world, American & school issues,  awareness and  knowledge by following everything from far left Huffington Post to far right & libertarian publicans/blogs.
Dogs- Developed the strongest bond and love for my dog Cole than with any other pet while achieving a low level of training success.
Cooking- Acquired new levels of culinary skill, knowledge, and resourcefulness
Cleaning- Not really a goal but I am quite good at some chores that I have never done & amazed at how my wife has done these things for 40+ years.
Opinions- Solidified opinions on life, people and a wide variety of insignificant topics.
Photography –Devoted time to using my skills and organizing some photos on my PC.
Organization of Personal Activities- Finally developed a system for many personal activities like the organization of writing and photos that works well with my uniqueness of style and random thoughts
Creativity- Able to express some  talents by creating Blogs( BFF, TNATS) and other things in development.
Consulting- Able to utilize a little of my retail operational experience in a few situations.


No comments:

Post a Comment